Anna Werner Biography
Anna Werner is a multi award-winning media personality serving as the national consumer investigative correspondent for CBS News. Previously, she was a correspondent for CBS News.
Anna Werner Age
She was born in Chicago. However she hasn’t revealed when she was born.
Anna Werner Height
She is 5 feet 5 inches tall.
Anna Werner Education
Werner graduated from Northern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism.
Anna Werner Parents
A Chicago area native, Anna hasn’t mentioned any information about her parents. She hasn’t also revealed whether she has siblings or not.
Anna Werner Husband
Despite being a media personality, Anna has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight. It is therefore not known whether she is married, single or in a relationship. She hasn’t also disclosed whether she has children or not.
Anna Werner CBS News
Werner is the national consumer investigative correspondent for “CBS Mornings” based in New York City. She also reports across all CBS News broadcasts and platforms, including the “CBS Evening News,” “CBS Sunday Morning,” “48 Hours” and CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 live streaming service. She joined the network in 2011 as a correspondent.
Investigative Stories Covered
During her tenure at CBS News she has reported on investigative stories with subjects including phone scammers; insulin pricing; fraudulent generic drugs, harmful beauty products; high medical costs; lead in drinking water, breast implant cancer risks; financial scams of the elderly and grave robbing of native artifacts. She’s also dug into medical record hacking; illegal dietary supplements; sperm donor anonymity; heavy metals in fruit juices; Instagram scams; child sex abuse; dangerous plastic surgery in Mexico; minors’ addicted to JUUL e-cigarettes; the hacking of medical devices; glyphosate in breakfast foods, and the risks of crowdfunding. Her stories on the dangers of methylene chloride led to the toxic paint stripper being pulled from the shelves of most major national retailers.
Before joining CBS News, Werner distinguished herself as a nationally recognized investigative reporter at CBS stations in Indianapolis (WISH-TV), Houston (KHOU-TV) and San Francisco (KPIX-TV).
At KHOU-TV, Werner initiated the national investigation of defective Firestone tires on Ford Explorers, breaking a story that resulted in the largest worldwide tire recall in history.
Anna Werner Awards
Her award-winning reports include;
- A story on electric shock devices used on students at a Massachusetts special needs school which won a New York Newswomen’s Front Page Award for Best Television Feature.
- A report on a district attorney gunned-down in Kaufman County, Texas, which led a Murrow-winning broadcast of the “CBS Evening News.”
- DuPont-Columbia and George Foster Peabody awards for her Firestone stories. She won both of these awards again, along with a RTNDA Edward R. Murrow Award when she uncovered a pattern of inaccurate DNA analyses by the Houston police crime lab.
- At KPIX-TV, she won two Murrow awards, one for a story on I.C.E. deportation practices and another for donated clothes ending up being sold for profit in Africa.
- Her series, “Unabomber, Evidence Revealed,” won the Associated Press Bill Stout Award for Excellence in Enterprise News.
- She received Murrow award while working at WISH-TV, where her hidden-camera investigation demonstrated serious abuse of developmentally disabled patients at New Castle State Developmental Center, resulting in the closure of the center.
- Her coverage has won numerous other awards including three Society of Professional Journalists awards, three Investigative Reporters and Editors awards, two Scripps-Howard Jack R. Howard Excellence in Media awards, a Scripps-Howard Roy W. Howard Award for Public Service, a George R. Polk award and a National Headliner award.
- Werner was named the Chris Harris Reporter of the Year by the Associated Press Radio and Television Association in 2008 and 2010 and the Journalist of the Year by the Consumer Federation of California in 2010.
- She has won 33 Emmy awards, including awards for best reporter in 2000 and 2001 and again in 2008 and 2009.
Anna Werner Salary and Net Worth
Her salary and net worth is under review.
Anna Werner Instagram
She does not have an Instagram account.
Anna Werner Twitter
Also Read; Jessi Mitchell